Green smoothies are a favorite part of my morning ritual. They energize me, make my skin glow, grow my nails and taste fantastic. Green smoothies have a plethora of nutritional benefits and after a short while, become very addicting!
I recommend drinking green smoothies right when you wake up, either before or after a run/workout. It’s a great breakfast and is normally filling. I make a big serving!
All smoothies contain ice and almond milk. I use a bullet blender. They’re awesome.
Let’s get started. I have listed here, four smoothies recipes that I love and frequently use. Anytime you feel there is not enough flavor, or it seems bland, add a pinch of ginger and/or turmeric! Note: mango is naturally very sweet.
* You can never go wrong with cranberries, bananas, strawberries and mangos. They mix well with most everything! Carrots are fun to use too.
- A large handful of spinach, blueberries, strawberries & one whole banana
- A large handful of spinach, kale, blueberries and mango.
- A large handful of spinach, kale, a pinch a arugula, mango and cranberries.
- A very simple spinach & blueberry smoothies is quick, easy and delicious!
Avocado is one of my favorite greens to eat but I have yet to try it in a smoothie! Once I do, I will let you know how it is and write up a recipe.
*Update: I have now used avocado in a smoothie and wasn’t a fan but don’t let that stop you from trying it! 🙂